Last updated: August 5, 2021.
My Consulting Experience & Current Activity
In addition to my current faculty role at UVA, I am selectively involved with consulting projects and expert witness roles related to the business of cannabis, as well as strategy, leadership, public policy. In these roles I draw on my current teaching and research as well as my four years as a consultant with IBM Global Services and four years as a consultant with Oliver Wyman (then Mercer Management Consulting). Please contact me for more information and to discuss possible collaboration in one of the following formats:
- Consulting Projects/Consultations – I am available to work with individuals and organizations on a wide range of consulting projects and can also provide a larger consulting team if needed by collaborating with various peers and former students.
- Workshops – I can provide workshops to groups of all sizes and various types of participants – business, community, government and academic. The length of the workshops can be customized to meet the needs of the client. A typical workshop length is about 3 hours, but this can vary from one hour to a half day, to a whole day, or even to multiple days. All workshops are interactive and I can include additional hands-on components to get participants even more engaged.
- Presentations – I frequently present at conferences and to various groups. Presentations generally last between 45 and 90 minutes. Presentations typically do not include a hands-on component for participants, but instead a presentation that may include audience questions and/or discussion.
- Online Instruction – I am available to provide online instruction in the form of webinars, videos, guest lectures via Zoom, Skype, Teams, FaceTime and other platforms.
Examples of My Past Consulting Clients
- Financial Services – Marsh McLennan, Royal Bank of Canada, Canada Trust/London Life
- Travel & Transportation – United Airlines, Delta Air Lines, LSG Sky Chefs, Veolia Transport
- Technology – IBM, Dish Network, Gateway Computer
Charlottesville-Area and Central Virginia Consulting Firms
Being relatively new to UVA I am very interested in learning about and connecting with local consulting firms. Here is a very preliminary and incomplete list of some I have already come across.
- Charlottesville Partners – Economics consulting firm
- CIMA Consulting – Non-profit consulting
- Corporate Consulting – Focused on personal and professional leadership
- Daugherty Dialectic (Cville-Area) – Focused on public relations, crisis management and communications
- Eure Consulting – Father and daughter-led firm focused on small businesses
- Hatcher Consulting – Philanthropic Consulting, led by Holly Hatcher (LinkedIn profile)
- Hillspoint Consulting – Sales-focused consulting firm with 30+ years experience
- Magnolia Consulting – Educational consulting firm supporting PK-20 led by Stephanie Baird Wilkerson
- Mythics Emergent Group (Virginia Beach) – Systems integrator and managed service provider
- Tech Dynamism (Cville) – Technology consulting firm
Information on how I teach consulting can be found on my Teaching Consulting page.