Last updated: October 3, 2022
My Consulting Experience & Current Activity
In addition to my current faculty role at UVA, I am selectively involved with consulting projects and expert witness roles related to the business of cannabis, as well as strategy, leadership, public policy. In these roles I draw on my current teaching and research as well as my four years as a consultant with IBM Global Services and four years as a consultant with Oliver Wyman (then Mercer Management Consulting). Please contact me for more information and to discuss possible collaboration in one of the following formats:
- Consulting Projects/Consultations – I am available to work with individuals and organizations on a wide range of consulting projects and can also provide a larger consulting team if needed by collaborating with various peers as well as current and former students.
- Workshops – I can provide workshops to groups of all sizes and various types of participants – business, community, government and academic. The length of the workshops can be customized to meet the needs of the client. A typical workshop length is about 3 hours, but this can vary from one hour to a half day, to a whole day, or even to multiple days. All workshops are interactive and I can include additional hands-on components to get participants even more engaged. Example workshop subjects:
- How to Think and Work Like a Consultant
- Cannabis Industry 101
- Introduction to Non-Market Strategy
- Case Interviewing Tips & Tricks
- Presentations – I frequently present at conferences and to various groups. Presentations generally last between 45 and 90 minutes. Presentations typically do not include a hands-on activity component for participants, but generallyinclude audience questions and/or discussion.
- Online Instruction – I am available to provide online instruction in the form of webinars, videos, guest lectures via Zoom, Skype, Teams, FaceTime and other platforms.
Examples of My Past Consulting Clients
- Financial Services – Marsh McLennan, Royal Bank of Canada, Canada Trust/London Life
- Travel & Transportation – United Airlines, Delta Air Lines, LSG Sky Chefs, Veolia Transport
- Technology – IBM, Dish Network, Gateway Computer
Information on how I teach consulting can be found on my Teaching Consulting page.