I am an assistant professor at the McIntire School of Commerce, University of Virginia where I teach courses in strategic leadership, consulting and strategy to both undergraduate and graduate students. I joined UVA in August 2019 after 8 years at the University of Denver. I am enjoying making new connections with UVA students, faculty, staff and alumni and am particularly interested in potential guest speakers and advisors who can benefit my students or provide real-world problems and projects that my students can work on.
For bookings or questions please contact: email@example.com
- 2017 – 2019 Taught the first ever “Business of Marijuana” course at any AACSB-accredited business school
- 2017 Poets & Quants Top 40 Undergraduate Professor
- 2016 Daniels Excellence in Teaching Award
- 2015 Daniels Excellence in Teaching Award Finalist
- 2014 Published one of the first, if not the first, academic teaching case on the marijuana industry in Case Research Journal, “Medical Marijuana Industry Group: Outdoor Advertising in Denver“
My research interests include non-market strategy/corporate political activity, industry regulation & self-regulation, political economy, entrepreneurship, business models, economics of information. I am also working on a series of projects related to the emerging legal marijuana industry and also am involved as a consultant and expert witness.
Prior to joining Daniels in 2011, I completed my doctoral studies in Strategic Management at the Rotman School of Management, University of Toronto. Before pursuing a PhD I worked as a strategy consultant for Mercer Management Consulting (now known as Oliver Wyman) and for four years as an IT consultant with IBM Global Services, completed an MBA at the Richard Ivey School of Business, University of Western Ontario and a Bachelor’s Degree in Mathematics at Acadia University. My CV (PDF, as of January 2020)
This website includes a variety of information including a few more eclectic and obscure sections such as my ongoing directory of Canadians at UVA and DU, advice on the logistics of moving from Canada to the United States and a summary of youth sports options in both the Charlottesville and Denver areas.